Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cosmos




Like many women my age, I was taught to stitch even before I could thread a needle.  I have clear recollections of stitching a bit of embroidery to my pant leg when I was five. 

Over the years, hand stitching more than satisfied a creative urge for me.  It also soothed.  Almost meditative.  “A stitch in time saves nine”….and my sanity, truth be told.

 “Cosmos” represents stitches in ‘time’, another dimension of reality that connects me with other stitchers.  In this case, I am connecting to hundreds of artists who are incorporating Australian artist Dijanne Cevaal’s lino-cut block print image, Sentinelle, into their work.

Dijanne sees this collaboration as artists connecting in peace, using their own unique styles to develop a host of guardian figures, standing watch over us all.

Imagine all the stitching…all the saving being created.

18" x 27"


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful guardian Diane. The hand stitching adds so much more to the impact. Stitching is my solace too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is so beautiful and unique, Diane! I like your use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and hand stitching on this piece, Diane. A way to connect to yourself and others. Perhaps why we've all chosen fiber art?

    ReplyDelete