Monday, September 9, 2013

Yes, Martha. Where DOES the time go?

Autumn Years
Right this minute, I wish that I lived somewhere where the date was September 8th instead of the 9th. I was scheduled to post on our brand new, exciting Viewpoints9-2 rotation YESTERDAY!

Excitement!  So exciting that when Martha emailed me today I was totally flummoxed.  Where HAD the time gone?

My only defense for this faux pas in not posting yesterday was that this weekend was filled with 3 family birthdays and a house guest.  No excuse, really, if you think about it.

Certainly not if I think about it.

I have been working on this challenge for the past 13 years, the last 3 with more urgency.

Autumn Years is the first in a long series and foretold much about the themed work that followed.  Metaphors that are not very deep:  bare trees that I have carved from printing blocks, moons of various times and hand-dyed fabric mixed with commercial.

I was SO enthusiastic about Martha's challenge that I jumped right into work on it...it's done, completed, photographed, the whole 9 yards (reference intended).

Ironic, no? that the post is a full day late?

This challenge is very personal to me.  Thank you, Martha.


4 comments:

  1. LOL Diane! Quilt finished but blog post forgotten; if only I were so lucky! I'm excited by this challenge too, time is certainly on my mind alot lately. I can't wait to see what you've created. Hasta la vista Speedy Gonzales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really relate to this! I'm still finding it hard to believe we are in mid September already. But the good news is you were inspired to finish a piece - that's something to celebrate.
    Congrats!

    PS: The Procrastinators Anonymous meeting has been postponed indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me, Diane.....I turn things over and over in my head, before I do anything. And you're done already! I love your tree prints!

    ReplyDelete