Thursday, June 12, 2014

the Great Unknown

The first thing I thought of when I read Alicia's challenge was the billions of unseen forces that have shaped, and will continue to shape, our universe.
One of my favorite tasks I'd give to my art students was to create an animal no one has ever seen before.  It really promotes creativity, which I have always thought of as the ability to perceive what isn't there.

For the base of the work, I chose one of the painting projects I've been working on lately.  The process uses lots of water and natural evaporation to produce patterns, largely removing the human influence on design.

2 examples are below, I picked a different one to work on, which will be revealed in June.


2 comments:

  1. Both of those effects are spectacular, Betty! I'd love to know the process....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gave a class with Front Range last weekend using these, it was a blast!

      Delete