Thursday, June 5, 2014

Abstractions

It's true that I am mired in my own literal world.  Abstractions are way too…well, abstract for me to incorporate.  As I reflect on all the incredible 'coincidences' in my life…weird, eerie, and challenging, sometimes happy and oft times unsettling…I have come to believe that I rely on the literal to help cope with the seeming randomness of these coincidences.

It is simply much safer to stay in my own "in the moment", literal place.  I really prefer a universe that I can quantify and enter into my daily calendar.

As I approached today and my turn to post on the V-9 calendar, I am cautious not to reveal my interpretation of Alicia's challenge.  Whilst mulling on how to answer her, I played in my stash, only to discover scraps in an ancient layer.  This is not an unusual occurrence.  I hate to throw perfectly good stuff out.  What I was struck with was how spot on the cache was….starting with the color palette. (Coincidence? I don't think so).  It's not an exactly perfect answer for this challenge as it is 21 1/2" square. Wrong size to be a contender even with its nine orbs.  

And after sewing labels and sleeves on the first rotation V-9 pieces that are going on their road trip, I am very aware of following the rules.  Full disclosure:  one of those first is a teeny (scientific term) bit too small and one had to be radically cut down.

Pictured here, I have reworked my archaeological find……. as I try to navigate the abstract.
Navigating the Journey

2 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying. I like to "pretend" I have control over the things in my life. If I contemplated the alternative, I'd never get anything done. I love the square you discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just way too cool! Can't wait to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete