Saturday, March 15, 2014

September = new beginning

FirstDaySchool

For me, September means the beginning of the school year for the kids and the start of my "weekday studio time".  My son asked me Why did you draw a smiley face on the calendar for the first day of school?! That's not a happy day! 

I replied, "It is for me."

09October 174

Ah, I love the smell of new backpacks and sharpened pencils! Squeaky clean sneakers, empty folders, freshly buzzed haircuts.  As I wave goodbye, he enters the big glass doors of the elementary school (or the college dorm) and I head back to my quiet studio and imagine the adventures and challenges that await us.

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over the happiness on that little face in the second photo…it makes me smile! Back to school is always a mixed bag of emotions for me.

    ReplyDelete