Friday, December 27, 2013

If I had a boat


One of the things I fear the most is sailing. I don't know why but I am not an 'on the water' person, unless it is extremely calm sailing! So this small 27" wide x 9" long quilt  If I had a boat  goes some way to giving voice to a braver me, which is what Kate's challenge has inspired.
The right piece of commercial fabric was in my stash; painted boat and letters added, then machine quilted.

May you have calm seas in 2014 or if not, be fearless in conquering your obstacles.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, Sue, I'm surprised to hear you are fearful of the water. I guess rough waters are a challenge for anyone…..great metaphor. May your 2014 be smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your interpretation of Kate's challenge very much…here's to 'fearless facing the future'.

    ReplyDelete