Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Memories


by Misik Kim

It is time to write my blog post for Viewpoints9-2.
While thinking of the time, I am traveling into my memories.
The number "9"
What does it mean in the age?
When I was 9, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 years old......
Now I am 59 years old. (Korean age)
Come to think of the past, the number 9 had a lot of memories.
Grandmother's sewing box in my nine-year-old memories.
The hard time for the test to enter the university in 19-year-old.
My son was born when I was 29 years old.
The birth of the son was the greatest joy in my life.
When I was 39 years old, I had a big turning point in my work.
Quilt came into my works deeply at that time.
Ten years later, in 2003 I met Quilt national and Quilt visions.
Now 59 years old, I am teaching and working for my works.
I think that is lucky to have met a quilt.
I hope to be able to write this kind of article after 10years.


These works in 1986, 1987
 




6 comments:

  1. A beautiful piece Misik. And I love your pieces!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      I saw you in Youtube.
      I love your works.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful chronology Misik! I've never seen your early work, it is beautiful! I too, hope to be able to reflect back on the next ten years with the joy you have expressed here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much.
    I am so glad to see your works in here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine seems to play an important role in your life, Misik! Interesting to see how your work has evolved from more black and white to more color over the years.

    ReplyDelete